Are you planning to go to Bukit Lawang? There is three tranportation that you can use to go to Bukit Lawang.
It takes approximately 3 to 5 hours from the Kualanamu airport to Bukit Lawang depending on traffic but also on the time and the day at which you travel. If you book mid-day, early flight or late flights, it will only takes about 3 hours by private car.
How to get Bukit Lawang from Kuala Namu International Airport Medan
1. Public Bus
Travellers on a smaller budget can opt for the public bus to go to Bukit Lawang. Choosing this kind of transportation will be an unforgettable adventure as you will share the bus with local people, it’s cheaper, but it takes longer and it’s not really comfortable.
You have to take 2 different bus to reach Bukit Lawang:
- First take the local ALS bus (Antar Lintas Sumatera/orange color) from Medan Aiport to Binjai, it takes around 2 hours and cost around 50,000 IDR per person (≈ 3 euros)
- Once arrived at Binjai bus station, you have to take a tuk-tuk costing 5,000 IDR (≈ 0.30 euros) to Tanah Lapang Binjai terminal or you can stop directly at Binjai Supermall and take the bus there!
Please note that the last buses can be at 4:30 pm, 6:30 pm or 7:30 pm (no fixed hours, welcome in Indonesia!) so please be sure to reach Binjai before 4:30 pm otherwise take the tourist bus!
- Then take the L300 or PS bus from Tanah Lapang Binjai terminal or from Binjai Supermall. It takes around 3 hours and costs 30,000 IDR per person (≈ 2 euros).
- From here, take a becak (tuk-tuk) for 10,000 IDR to Bukit Lawang or contact us to pick you up by motorbike.
2. Tourist Bus
If you are on budget but looking for a bit more comfortable option, there is any tourist bus to pick up/drop off you from/to Medan Kuala Namu airport (6 seats shared car). But tourist bus not available since pandemic outbreak until further notice.
3. Private Car by Thomas Jungle Tours
If you are looking for a more comfortable and faster option, we can organize for you a pick up/drop off from/to Kuala Namu airport service by private car for maximum 6 people.
This pick up/drop off service includes transport by private car with air conditioning to/from Bukit Lawang and pick up or drop off from/to your guesthouse. Your driver will also stop on the way at ATM and/or Money Changer if needed. For more information please contact us.
If you need room, you can check here